software is eating the world
- do things become more like software if “software is eating the world”?
- how many more markets are feast/famine?
- metrics lead to harmonization -> more people being added on papers
- focus on efficiency? big data insights are often counter intuitive
- secondary effects of making things legible?
- roles of consensus?
- network effects
- shift towards platforms? https://stratechery.com/2019/shopify-and-the-power-of-platforms/
- two track in tech: Tech’s Two Philosophies highlighted how Facebook and Google want to do things for you; Microsoft and Apple were about helping you do things better.