disarmingly forthright mscs advice
Read the man pages and check the return values!
- Join ACM and IEEE, compete and practice good opsec.
- Most code you read is broken, including:
- open source stuff
- industry code
- textbook code
- Bookmark, study, and seek out good code
- Learn the entire toolchain, details don’t need to memorized right away but should be understood
- Learn a scripting language, functional language, and a data retrival language, and learn C & C++ well.
- always be shaping the thesis
- Don’t be afraid to ask for clarification
- Professors only sometimes have hazy ideas of what’s happening