1-1 meetings are useful for collecting and receiving feedback early.
- One sided convo
- All business
- Goal settings
- Consistency is key!
- Give and receieve feedback
- Get to known your intern and prioritize personal well-being
- Encourage brainstorming and problem solving
- Okay to skip once, never skip twice
- Ask about their goals
- What’ve they been working on in the side?
- Use open ended questions
- Dig deeper, ask them a lot of questions
- Guide, without just giving the answers and have people brainstorm with you
- Setup a time for the intern to meet with other team members